Homemade natural skincare products are the newest trend and it gives you the benefit of avoiding harmful ingredients. It also gives the advantage of customizing them according to your personal likes and needs, this is not a new method as it is being done in traditional medicines. So, this method can be used to make cannabidiol infused salves, creams, oils, lotion, and many more CBD topical for its health and medical benefits. Surprisingly, people are catching up to it and this is because it is easy.
What Are The Advantages Of CBD Cream?
The advantage of homemade CBD topical is due to many of cannabidiol’s therapeutic effects and the added benefit of making it to suit your skin type. Besides, the main ingredient in it is the hemp CBD oil that is rich in antioxidants and fatty acids that can soothe your skin. It can be used as part of your anti-aging skincare regimen due to its antioxidant effect that helps to protect the skin from free radicals, environmental pollutants, and UV radiation. The other uses include anti-inflammatory properties and pain-relieving cream for normal ailments and pains. Also, it can be used to reduce or soothe rashes, dry skin, and skin irritation. Moreover, it is also safe for kids and suitable for all skin types.
How To Make CBD Cream At Home?
CBD cream has a thick and whipped consistency, suitable for dry skin, and has good moisturizing and skin-soothing properties; listed below are the ingredients.
- 2 tablespoon concentrated pure CBD oil or tincture, but you can also use cannabis-infused coconut oil if available.
- 1/2 cup shea butter as it is rich in nutrients and ultra-moisturizing that is used to soothe and soften inflamed skin or you can also use cocoa butter as an alternative.
- 1/3 cup aloe vera gel that has been used to heal sunburns, reduce skin irritation and it is a good moisturizer.
- 2 tablespoon vegetable glycerine that has good hydration properties and helps to draw moisture to the skin.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or any other oil like olive oil.
- Any fragrant essential oil.
You begin by filling the bottom of a double boiler with an inch or two of water and warming it over medium heat. Now, add the coconut oil and shea butter to the top bowl of the double boiler, and gently melt them until there are no lumps by stirring frequently. Once it is completely melted, turn off the heat, transfer to a glass bowl and allow to cool for at least an hour. Now, add the vegetable glycerine, aloe vera gel, required amounts of CBD oil or tincture, and fragrant essential oils. Mix them using a hand blender or mixer until you get a whipped consistency.
You can also add different types of essential oils or moisturizing agents to make cannabidiol CBD-infused creams, lotions, or salves that are tailor-made for your use.